[Dailydrool] Hettie: I nearly died twice

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 20 02:24:54 PDT 2020

Hi Droolers, Hettie here, sending drool to everyone who needs it.
Wheeeeew has it been an exciting week.
As you know, there is a carnivorous wandering around the world scaring and killing hoomans. I think it must be a shape shifter, because WoMum doesn't go out in case she is caught by it and no-one, not even our friends, are allowed in our house and we are not allowed to visit them either. It's boring, boring.
But this week, we had some excitement. WoMum was in the kitchen and she started sniffy sniffy like a hound. Then she says to manpuppy "can you smell gas?" and I says "oh yes, I can smell that. Been there days" and he says "mmm, maybe". Then they opened the cupboard under the hob and he says "I think so" and I'm saying "don't be dumb, it stinks! If you don't do anything we're all going to be blown to smithereens".
A little while later a man was let in the house. He had a funny thing on his face like a Dr Who monster and I was like "Don't let him in, he looks like the carnivorous!" But woMum lets him in and he goes straight to the kitchen. I went with him to make sure he didn't attack woMum or manpuppy. You can't be too careful at the moment. Anyway, he might have had sandwiches or something.
So, he says there is a gas leak and he must disconnect the hob. Then he finds the pipe leading to the hob was also leaking into the cupboard (after I pointed it out). So then, woMum couldn't cook until he came back another day and put a new hob and some new pipes in. I watched him very closely and even got in the cupboard to sniff his work and make sure there was no gas.  He said to woMum that I was "a funny dog that was in to everything". I don't think he's a dog person (and he still didn't have sandwiches).
Now, if that wasn't exciting enough, yesterday manpuppy's minipuppies were here because of something called access, which for some reason the carnivorous doesn't worry about. They wanted to throw perfectly good food into the big pond  and they are allowed to. Now, I figure they were challenging me to bob for my treats like at Halloween, so I climbed onto the tall, narrow edge of the pond and started hoovering up the little treats. Apparently WoMum said "get down from there Hettie, you will fall in and it's very deep" but you know how it is when your mind is on food. Then WoMum went into the house to get the minipuppies a drink and.......SPLASH!
Manpuppy pulled me out and everyone was mean and said I was really stinky and started calling my "dogfish". And worse, even after woMum dried me with a towel they wouldn't let me back in the house for days and days (well, it felt like it).
Hettie from the UK, with Sally