[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - I LIKE BUGS

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Tue May 19 16:15:32 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody . Nick Here!

I just made an amazing discovery . I LIKE BUGS!  No. I don't mean I like to
eat bugs but I like bugs to be my friends.

On Sunday morning,  Dad let us all outside before breakfast.  As I was
exploring my backyard, I found a BIG brown June bug.  I had lots of fun with
it ... I pushed it with my nose, I licked it, I tossed it in the air, I
barked at it!  Then dad called me in for breakfast.  Well, I didn't want to
leave my new friend outside all alone, so I tucked it in my lip and carried
it to my crate.  After dad put my food in the crate and left the room, I got
my June bug out and started playing with it again.  When dad came back to
check on us, I had not eaten my breakfast and I was playing with my June
bug.  From all the commotion dad made, you would have thought I was playing
with a rattle snake!  He made me come out of my crate, he shook out my crate
pad, he THREW my June bug outside and then put me back into my crate to eat
breakfast.  All the time he kept saying "Nick, that is GROSS!"

Then on Sunday night, my sister Holly came out to play with me.  We were
running around in my back yard.  We kept seeing these little things flying
around and shining a light.  At first I thought they were bugs with
flashlights, but mom said they were lightening bugs.  Holly and I would
chase them to play with them but they kept disappearing.

I kept trying to catch one to look at but I couldn't! Finally mom got a jar
for Holly and me.  We sat and held the jar while mom caught us a lightening
bug.  Mom put it in the jar and it sat there and went "blink ... blink ..
blink ... blink".  Holly and I watched it and tried to play with it.
Whenever we would move it, it would quit blinking!   I tried to talk to it
by blinking my eyes, but my eyes don't light up like that.  Holly tried
blinking her eyes too . I think she thought that girl eyes would light up
like a lightening bugs.  Hah!  Her eyes didn't light up either!  So, we just
sat and watched our lightening bug in the jar.  After a while, mom said we
had to let it go  . ... so she opened the jar, and my friend the lightening
bug sat on the edge of the jar and blinked at us before he flew away.

Yes, I definitely like bugs!

Slurps,

Nick