[Dailydrool] Visit to Vet man

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:36:29 PDT 2020

Hi All, Bugsey here. I got to see the vet man yesterday. He was rather mean
to me and I was not a happy camper, but I did have my favorite tech,
Kristin. She sucked blood out of me. She is very good at it because she
used to work for a vet man that did a lot of intake exams for a Basset
Rescue. She doesn't even bother with our little legs. She goes right for
the jugular and never misses. That was so we can see if my thyroid is right
yet. Then the vet man poked all over me and made me scream repeatedly to
make sure he found the right ouchy spot. I kept telling him he found it,
but he wanted to make doubly and triply sure. Yes! My hips hurt! Ouch,
ouch, ouch! So, he gave me a shot (Adequan) and a sample pack of chewable
pills (galliprant). I ate the first one, I haven't decided if I will keep
eating them. They are rather chalky. Meanwhile the vet man and the mom had
to talk about all of my puking everywhere. I am weaning off the wanting to
puke everywhere pill (zofran) and then they will stop this other pill
(reglan). I get to take the big horse pill (sucralfate) forever. That means
the mom has to remember to give it to me forever before I can eat. She says
it is only 30 minutes, but it feels like forever. Pretty soon, we get to
see if I can keep this really yummy food called Honest Kitchen Keen down
when mixed with the cottage cheese and mashed potatoes. I must say that my
tummy is feeling loads better. The vet man and the mom are convinced I ate
something really bad, but I am refusing to talk. Afterwards, I got to go to
the mom's chiropracter and go in and visit! I even got my picture taken and
put on Facebook. Everyone in the office was really shocked. They said that
they had never seen a basset at fighting weight. Ha! I am a lean mean
fighting machine. Well, not really. I get in trouble if I fight, but it
sounds good.

Bugsey

>From mom, Jennifer. We also discussed Beauford. We did a much needed spa
day on Saturday and that anal gland tumor is still growing by leaps and
bounds. It is now bigger than the length of the palm of my hand and it is
bigger around than I can get my hand around. Supposedly, it is a great
thing that it is growing inward instead of outward. As long as it doesn't
strangulate the colon or the intestines, we are good. So, I guess we wait.
He is not acting like he is in any pain. It was hotter than before this
weekend, in the lower 80's, which is not really that hot for Georgia. He
really suffered in the heat and I can tell that the irregular heartbeat is
making him fatigue faster, so that may end up being our limiting factor.
Meanwhile, we are sneaking him food (he enjoys it much more when he thinks
he is sneaking) and loving on him. He still enjoys keeping me company while
I clean. He just does more laying around than actual cleaning with his rag
now. That is one trait that is totally unique to him. I have never had
another basset that insisted on cleaning with me to the point of needing
their own rag and it being sprayed with (safe) cleaner.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess (who is still
needing to go out more than usual, but has quit leaking)