[Dailydrool] NICK'S ADVENTURES - THE GREAT BASSET WALK

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon May 25 16:31:30 PDT 2020

Hi Everybody - Nick Here!

Everybody knows about Auntie Melissa & Gramma Jo's (MBR) Basset Waddle,
right?!   Well, when all of the Red Bay Gang was at the dog show this
weekend, we had out own private basset walk!  We didn't come anywhere close
to MBR's record, but we sure had fun!  This is how it went!

Mom and Granny Pat had been trying to cool off from the sun on Saturday
evening.  After dinner they were sitting on the "veranda" (that's what they
call our awning area) and were sipping (?) some stuff called "Margrets", I
think.  All of a sudden, they jumped up and called Dad outside and said, "We
are going to walk the dogs."  He said, "Okay, I'll stay here with the ones
who are waiting for their turn to be walked."  Mom and Granny Pat just
laughed and said, "No, WE are ALL going to walk ALL the dogs together at the
SAME TIME!"  Dad's eyes got big and he got kind of pale, but mom and Granny
Pat always get their way! So ... they put all nine of us on braces and
leads.  Granny Pat hooked Holly and I together and also took EmmyLou.  Dad
took Sugar and Abby together.  Mom hooked Jesse and Cash together AND then
she hooked Morey and Daisy together.  Then we walked!!!!

We went visiting where the band was playing ... we wanted to sing with them
but they wouldn't let us.  Then we visited lots of people.  They all laughed
alot!  They kept saying ..."Oh look at ALL the bassets"!  The most fun part
was going on both sides of a sign post if you were hooked together!  The
second most fun part was "tying up" Granny Pat with the leads!  When we got
back, Mom and Granny Pat drank more of those "Margrets"!

Slurps,

Nick