[Dailydrool] Dexter home from vet

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:29:38 PDT 2020

So Dexter had his surgery and dental cleaning today. Since we got home about
45 minutes ago, he's been drinking a lot and resting. I haven't put the cone
back on because I'm watching him like a hawk. He's uncomfortable and not
ready to eat yet, but he should be in good shape by morning.

The two lump removals are ugly - shaved, swollen, red, etc., but that's to
be expected. Give it a couple of days and they should be much less
offensive.

The dental work went better than expected, and no extractions.

Total bill, $352 (well, except pain meds.I have to get that tomorrow from
the pharmacy.) I love this vet. I had the same work quoted by the other vet
that Dexter has seen, and it was over three times that much.

And Reggie is sure glad to have Dexter home. He was pouting and sad all day
long. Normalcy (such as it is in a home with bassets) will resume in a very
short time, I'm sure!