[Dailydrool] At the Vet Again...

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:29:26 PDT 2020

Dexter went BACK to the vet today. His cheek was swollen, about the the size
of a kiwi sliced the long way in half.

Turns out it wasn't from the dental cleaning yesterday: he was bitten or
stung. My guess is that his cone is to blame. I frequently have wasps in the
grass in the back yard, getting water after the sprinklers have run. So if
Dexter is sniffing around with that cone on his head, and a wasp gets
"collected", it would be very unhappy. And it would hit the dog right in the
face.

They gave him an antihistamine, something to reduce the swelling, and an
anti-nausea shot too since he has been spitting up bile and not eating.

So he's been to the vet three days in a row.that's enough trauma for one
hound (and one food slave!)

Let's all sing along."At the vet again. I just can't wait to be at the vet
again." Oh - wait. NOT!

May the weekend be peaceful and safe.for all of us and our hounds!

Tim