[Dailydrool] The Rio Trio

Terry Marshall oldaggielady at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 18:03:19 PDT 2020

Sixteen years ago today, while coming from working at the Port of Entry
outside of El Paso, I picked up three basset hounds. When we went to the
vet the next day he said I had a two year old momma and two one year old
pups. Needless to say I could not break up the family. Now we are down to
the Rio Duo. Still have mommy Megan and son Bo, but lost Abigail last
winter. She came with an UTI and later in life came up with a resistant E.
coli strain. Lots of medications and TLC. But one night she had a stroke or
something neurological. She could barely walk, and the vet said that was
the end of the line. I knew it but that doesn't help matters. The two
remaining ones are up there in years, slowing down and I know the time is
short but until then they are still loved. Hope to have lots more time with
them but time will tell. Some of you might remember when I picked them up
that long ago day.
Terry Marshall with the Rio Duo, once the Rio Trio.