[Dailydrool] Scored one

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 18:57:12 PDT 2020

this is Mila, older sister of the more famous Mariah the Maraudah. My family is always putting me down as not the sharpest knife in the drawer. while it may take me five times as long to learn something as the other two, I am actually plenty sharp. a few days ago my humans were babysitting our chihuahua mix friend, June. June only eats organic cooked human meats and vegetables, so we enjoy her visits immensely since she comes with a full pre prepared gourmet cuisine and all of our dinners are upgraded as well when she visits.
When we returned from our evening walks the first night of June’s sleepover, Dad took out an organic cooked turkey breast from the fridge and was pinching off little post walk treats for each of us hounds. he set the breast on the counter behind him after pinching off mouthfuls of our treats. Dad remarked to Mom that he wondered where I was. Mariah, IPo, and June were all lined up like obedient elementary  school students in front of him waiting to be treated, but I was nowhere in sight. Mom went looking for me and there I was, on her bed in the bedroom, gorging on the entire turkey breast which I had snatched at the speed of light when Dad turned his back. My very first counter surfing attempt in 8 years since joining this family, and a total success! Who says I’m not sharp. Yay.