[Dailydrool] Samantha Jane and the Blow-up Thing

Sandi Scranton njmedic702 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 20:22:42 PDT 2021

Samantha Jane,
This is Delilah Belle, reporting in from the Bridge.  I, too, was very
skilled at removing my own stitches which the Momperson AND the
Vetperson strongly disapproved of.  I had to have a special
dressing/treatment using Manuka honey, if you can imagine.  The
Vetperson said that it helps heal things well and boy howdy, was she
right!  She sewed little loops made from suture material around the edge of
my newly created/re-opened wound, then Mama put some honey on a non-stick
pad, put it right on that spot, topped it with a moist gauze pad, then a
dry dressing that the Vetperson made special for me that looked like
shoelaces fastened onto a dressing.  Mama just looped the trach tape
(medical shoelaces) through the suture loops and voila!  A non-removable
dressing!  I didn't mind that so much but the inhumanity...I had to wear a
Depend over everything, just in case I got the notion to remove things
again!  A diaper! Well, I never.  The honey healed up my injured hind
quarter SO quickly.  Mama put me in the tub every couple of days to clean
it out and new pink skin grew in nicely.

The moral of the story? Humans have no appreciation for our ability to
remove stitches.  So, don't waste your talents.

Love and snooters,
Delilah Belle