[Dailydrool] Miss Mulligan update

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:59:23 PDT 2021

My sister gave me a DNA test for Mulligan and we got the results.  She is a rescue (we have had her since she was about 2.). She doesn’t look like a typical Basset.  Her paws are not big, her ears are not as long snd she’s not a big eater.  But…. Her DNA says 100% Basset!!  It also shows a potential hereditary liver issue.

In the meantime trips to the vet are getting us closer to solving the mystery of Mulligan’s peeing issues.  Ultrasound and needle biopsies plus urine tests are pointing to Cushings.  She’ll be spending Monday at the vets for further tests.  But, we are hopeful that this can be treated quickly.

Sent from my iPhone