[Dailydrool] Maggie ATB

Valerie Strand bratbasset at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:00:02 PST 2021

Not quite 2 weeks ago Maggie, my notabasset, was having weakness with
her back legs, no pain, just weak. It was getting noticeably worse every
8 hours or so. My vet referred me to the neurologist vet and the cause
was a spinal cord tumor. At almost 13 years, I opted to do the last
loving thing and let her go to the bridge. It was done at home, what a
wonderful thing for Maggie. She was relaxed and happy. When the vet came
she wagged and fell over, wagged and fell over,... I never have
hesitated to make the difficult decision to let them go, but it is never
easy and not without a lot crying. Her sister Paisley came in and
sniffed her a few times and walked away. I will keep an eye on her, but
I'm sure she will do better than me. Just wanted to share my grief with
you. I know you all understand.

Val Strand

bratbasset at gmail.com