[Dailydrool] Paulie

Doreen Gordon RG649 at outlook.com
Wed Feb 3 19:46:19 PST 2021

A little more than 11 years ago I got my Paulie from tri-state rescue. I really think he rescued me. The youngest had left for college, my husband was working out of state and my basset and lab both passed unexpectedly the month before.  Paulie needed me from day one.  He was my Velcro dog with a love of rubber chickens.  He came in the bed that 1st night and never slept anywhere else.  Tonight my baby went to the bridge just short of his 15th birthday.  My house is so quiet.  We will be basset-less at the waddle this year (if they have one) but as always I will be there but this time in his honor.