[Dailydrool] Duncan’s Gotcha day

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 19:32:13 PST 2021

It’s been a while since I last posted. Truth be told it’s hard to find time with 2 small kids and working at home. Somehow I find myself busier then ever and sometimes can’t even read the drool. But today I decided to post because it’s Duncan’s special day and I don’t ever really post about him.

 4 years ago today we went to pick out a basset at Daphneyland. He technically didn’t come home with us, but my husband was convinced that there wouldn’t be another hound. Duncan has not let him down.

Duncan is a good boy for the most part. Not nearly the slave driver Speedy was. He lives for pets and attention and doesn’t not hesitate use his charms to get them. Sure he has stolen the left overs that my girls leave on the dinner table. Sometimes he pees at the edge of the sliding door because he thinks he is already out side but once that belly is up and exposed for petting it’s very hard not to forgive him. We have resorted to calling him a shameless hound as he knows belly is up and we all come running. In the off chance we don’t, he convinces any guest that he is neglected and doesn’t get any attention at all. Sometimes I think my sister thinks we don’t pay attention to him the way he goes on and on. Shameless I tell you.

So happy almost Gotcha Day my shameless hound. We love you very much!

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei
speedsterbasset at yahoo.com