[Dailydrool] To Elizabeth

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:42:05 PST 2021

I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same. When Miss Magnolia got
sick, she couldn't get up and I was home alone. She was not a large basset,
but was likely about 45 lbs. I couldn't lift her off the floor. I was SO
relieved to see my nephew pull into the driveway only a minute later. He
came in, gathered Magnolia into his arms and got in my car so that we could
take her to the vet. I've often thought about that day, which was about 5
years ago. My 60th birthday is now right around the corner and I know that
my basset lifting days are behind me. I get my basset fixes through the
kindness of friends' posts. We also now live in an apartment and that adds
its own challenges. We're trying very hard to stick to our guns and not get
another dog. But, like you, we miss the unconditional love and joy we
received from our bassets every day of their lives.

I wish you the very best of luck in whatever decision you make.

Ellen (with Abigail, Magnolia, GracieLou FlatBasset and Oliver awaiting us
ATB)