[Dailydrool] Elizabeth and aging

sandi at redbaybassets.com sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Jan 15 13:56:26 PST 2021

Elizabeth –

I have been on the drool since the beginning -  30-ish years ago.  I will
turn 73 next week and currently have 3 bassets: Sandy, age 8 and 74#; Mary
Jane, age 5 and 63#; and Savannah, age 1 ½ and 57#.

Some days it is a challenge but the love of the bassets way out-weighs (yes,
that was a intended pun) the problems with my aging body.  We use stairs and
ramps where I formerly lifted and boosted.

Just 2 years ago (when I was 71) I bred Mary Jane and I raised a litter of 6
beautiful babies, keeping Savannah to show.  We have taken a year off from
showing due to CoVid but we are anxiously awaiting the coming of spring to
load up Large Marge, hook up the trailer and take off with all 3 bassets to
some shows.

Don’t let what you think life might be like 9 years from now stop you from
enjoying the love of a basset (or two) for those 9 years.

Sandi Wittenberg

Sandy, Mary Jane and Savannah

Red Bay Bassets