[Dailydrool] Cowboy, thank you and I'm back...

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:31:07 PST 2021

Well it's sure been a sad weekend, relatively rainy here, I'm still
unshowered and just sad missing my Cowman. I'll think I'm okay,
rationalizing with myself that it was time, he was ready. He lived a good
life, he stuck around to meet Stevie for my sake just as I feel Rupert
lasted long enough to meet Frankie. Again for my sake. Then it hits me:
Everytime I have a baby, I lose a hound. it's official, no more babies! If
I agree to that, maybe the next one will live forever.

I've tried to keep busy playing with the kids. Organizing their clothes and
stuff, but then I spontaneously erupt in sobs. The pain hurts, but deep
down I know that means I loved him well.

I fell behind on my drools, happens to me quite often over the past few
years. Work became busier as I worked my way up, so I could no longer get
paid to sit and read the digest, lol. And home became busier with babies. I
obviously haven't been posting much. Or reading consistently. And for that,
I apologise. This list has helped me so much over the years. As Dale said,
you all saved Cowboys life a time or two, and saved me some vet bills many
times. This list has made me laugh a million times over, and made me cry
almost just as much. The stories and relationships provide an overall human
and hound connection that I can't get anywhere else. And that I miss
immensely. So I'm back. I've decided tonight to make the time to engage
more. To read, and to write. To respond. For now I will have to live
vicariously through your hounds, but hopefully it won't be long before we
are being hounded again for walks and fresh cheddar cheese on some hounds
kibble.

Thank you to everyone who has said a kind word about Cowboy, sent me a
message of compassion or even just thought about him for a moment. I
treasure the fact that so many people out there "know" and remember him.

Drool on,
Kacy