[Dailydrool] Landshark Puppies

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 04:02:31 PDT 2021

I have several things I have done over the years to stop puppy biting but
the one that works the best requires that you be really dedicated, have no
sense of embarrassment, and that you really don't care what the neighbors
think.
Which is:
when the puppy nails you, scream like another puppy. Yelp and cry and make
it loud and pull away at the same time. Make it convincing. Your puppy
SHOULD look shocked. Don't just yelp and stop. Keep it up. You are a
littermate who has been hurt. I mean, don't overdo it, but be sure he gets
the message that hey, that really hurt! (and stop all play for awhile.)
Be prepared to do this over and over altho I have never had to do it more
than three or four times. But you have to make that puppy believe.
Also be sure he has tons of chew toys suitable for teething. Freeze a wet
washcloth-- that still works. I have had teething puppies with gums so
swollen I took the baby to the Vet. It HAS to hurt. Poor babies.

MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc