[Dailydrool] Mouse Advice

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 20:43:31 PDT 2021

I’ve had success with Victor electronic mouse traps, which you can buy online if your local big-box hardware store doesn’t carry them. They run on batteries and electrocute the mice. Easy to dispose of the carcass without having to touch it, and safe to use around dogs. Not sure about cats that like to poke their paws into small spaces, though. I’ve found these traps need replacing every couple of years, but I’m willing to pay the price to do that if it means I don’t have to struggle with trying to set snap traps. Not only is getting a snap trap set a pain, but the mice we’ve had in the past have been annoyingly skilled at getting the peanut butter bait without setting the traps off.

Elizabeth