[Dailydrool] Welcome Buford

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 06:28:16 PDT 2021

Just wanted to write to share the news that after 5 long months of being
houndless, we finally have a new hound in our house. We've been actively
looking and applying to adopt but just weren't having much luck. We got
approved to adopt via Daphneyland, but it's about 14 hours away so we
haven't yet been able to coordinate a trip down there. Kathy Nali and Ann
Hefner were even sharing hounds they found online that might be close good
fits for our family. Then, one night while doing my routine searching, I
just said out loud "where are cowboy and rupert? Why haven't they sent us a
hound yet?"

The very next morning Golden Gate Basset Rescue called about Buford. He's a
10-year-old owner relinquish and a volunteer transport got him to us within
3 days. He's an absolute sweetheart and has immediately got right into our
home and family. He's great with the kids and they adore him. I'm pretty
sure he's communicating with Cow and Ru from beyond because although his
foster home said he is a great water, he hasn't eaten his kibble since he
arrived unless we dress it up with cheese and/or ground beef.
He has so many characteristics reminiscent of Rupert, it's wild. Ru has
been gone 3 years but to be able to remember him so.vividly once again has
just brought our hearts such happiness.

We've considered changing his name slightly to signify his new life. Maybe
Bluford or Bruford, (but for now we're just trying not to call him Rupert
because I swear that's happened at least 10x).

Drool on,
Kacy with Buford
+ Cowboy and Rupert ATB