[Dailydrool] Mia

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 01:50:00 PDT 2021

Everything was in place for Mia to be moving to her new foster home on Good Friday.  Mia had been at her absolute sweetest and I was feeling sad about it.
Then, on Thursday night, I was sitting beside her, gently cleaning her ears with wipes as I have done many times. I heard her grumble, so immediately stopped. As I took my hand away she spun round and nailed me good and proper. I spent the rest of the night in ER.
The charity Basset Rescue Network of Great Britain have been fantastic. She cannot go to the planned foster as her husband has Parkinson's and early stage dementia and the charity committee feel he would not be safe. So, she is to move in with the charity's chairwoman. She will not be euthanised and will be assessed by behaviourists and given any help she needs.
I remain sad. I really wish this had been a different story. even though my hand hurts like heck.

Sally, with Hettie, hoping things work out for Foster Mia, UK