[Dailydrool] Barney

Terry Pettett tmpettett at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 18:30:27 PDT 2021

Hi all! Well after 2&1/2 years without a Basset Hound we now have a 6 yr old relinquish. I vowed in March of 2019 when we lost our Edgar I would not get anymore! It hurt SO bad when we had to send him to the bridge, it still hurts today to think or talk about it. Long, Edgar's vet called ten days ago about a 6 yr old that the owners were either going send to the pound or euthanize! Seemed he would pee in the house! Well I would too if left in a crate for 10 hours a day! She told them that we had 5 Basset Hounds before and that she would talk with us about taking said Basset! He is a smaller one, under 50#, but this guy loves everybody! His name "was Rusty" but his name is now Barney! So we meant with the owners at the vet's office last Tuesday evening. They didn't seem to awful upset about losing him. Reason they gave after 6 years was, M I L was moving in with them and she is vision impaired and did not think the Basset would do well??????? Well Barney is now living in his new FOREVER HOME and ya know, he has only peed once since walking through the door! His old home he had a 10ft by 4ft run?? He now has a 1&1/2 acre fully fenced in to run in and play! He loves both me and my wife (but he likes the wife more) Plus they had not clipped his nails in I don't know how long because the husband said he would not let him clip them??? Da, the vet does clip nails! He does have a little man fobia it seems, but we are working with him and in the last 5 days he has made tremendous progress! People just make me SICK, when they do this sort of thing to a Basset Hound! I told the vet to tell the previous owner that if we take this guy, THEY WILL NEVER GET HIM BACK! No matter what! Wednesday he has a appointment for nails, blood work and heartworm. check!  Terry, Mary Ann & Barney