[Dailydrool] Howling Hound Acres Update

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 12:26:12 PDT 2021

Hello from Southern Indiana and all of the crew at Howling Hound Acres. No we have not fallen off the earth. It has just been a very busy summer caring for the cattle, chickens, hounds and kitties. Plus all of the farm and garden work. I have also been helping out a little at a friends farm and of course caring for my parents. I oversee both of their medical care and medications, plus other things to help my dad care for my mother who is now moderate level dementia. The dogs have been taking it all in stride. Xander is not happy when I have to be away from our farm. And he hasn’t been happy with the lack of walks due to me having to take a parent to an appointment, high heat & humidity, or me working the garden or canning vegetables. Seth and Xander are my clean up crew when I am freezing or canning, snatching up anything that falls onto the floor. Maggie Moo stays out of the kitchen for the most part as she has learned that anything the boys snatch the momma will also bring one to her while she rest comfortably on the couch. Seth and Xander especially like tomatoes and sweet peppers, which if given 1/2 a chance they will steal one. However, they do stay out of the kitchen when I am canning hot peppers. Which I assume to them and their sensitive noses I might as well be making bear spray. All of the hounds are doing well. Xander will be 9 in December…how did that happen. However he has not really slowed down very much as he loves going for his walks and will out pace the 2 much younger hounds. He will also frequently play with Seth and or Maggie. Sometimes even initiating play. Seth is 5 years old and still has a naughty streak a mile long. Maggie Moo is 3, she is very sweet, is very smart and she is very well behaved. All 3 are living the good life with lots of love, attention and good eats. If you want to see pictures of them and the other critters on the farm check out our FaceBook farm page @ Howling Hound Acres.
Virtual Hugs to all of the humans and Belly Rubs to all of the hounds.
Michele Swartz, Momma to Xander, Seth and Ms. Maggie Moo

Sent from my iPawPad🐾