[Dailydrool] My dog story

don/jan cook drool934 at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 5 14:48:42 PDT 2022

The only interesting thing, during this hot summer, is I took my 9 yr. old Basset, Ean, to a fresh water lake so he could wade in and get his belly wet. I dug out my crocs so I could get my feet wet, at least.  I went to a place where there is a cement boat ramp, so he didn’t even have to get muddy. In I went to my shins. Ean on his leash, reluctantly followed. Then he turned right around and walked out of the water. He wasn’t the least bit interested in going back in.

Another day I took him to a quiet pebble beach (salt water) where I could let him loose. “Want to go for a swim?” I said encouragingly. In he went, and walked along the edge of the water as I followed him on the shore. He actually went in about 3 different times.

What dog likes salt water over fresh water? Not many I would think.

Jan and the hounds