[Dailydrool] Catching up

Alice H dognpony at ptd.net
Wed Feb 2 13:55:01 PST 2022

Hi all,

Nice to read all the posts and remember names and hounds.

I have told this story many times and once at a hunt test in PA a woman said to me that she knew the story. A fellow drooler.

I had a client back in the 90’s who had a very drooly, very old basset. I used to go on Tuesday’s  because the maid came on Mondays and the house still smelled good  Finding a dry spot to pet the hound was hard. However, I had never experienced such devotion to a dog, including having ramps built so he could go outside.

Fast forward to 2001 my boss’s soon to be wife, also soon to be ex, saw Harley in a pet shop at the mall. I said if all the breeds, why a basset? They drool, they smell, they don’t listed. Five months later she came to live with me.

Harley Chick was the perfect basset. She passed Therapy Dog, Canine Good Citizen, and Rally Novice. Along the way the pack grew to five and sadly they all passed away.

Before Molly, the last to go, left I switched gears slightly and got Hope, the bloodhound. They got along fine and Hope is a great dog
After Molly did pass away, my enabler, also known to many as the evil foster lady, Suzanne, set me up with a retired show champion, Daisy. A character!

So now my pack is one bloodhound, one basset, and two horses.  Hope and I train in Mantrailing, and in the fall she passed the MT test and next we go on to intermediate level. Daisy comes along and gets lots of attention.

That’s my story!

Alice of The Jersey Girls