[Dailydrool] When Did I Join

Valerie Strand bratbasset at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:01:17 PST 2022

I have no idea when I joined the Drool. 15 years ago maybe, so I am not
a long timer like some. I belong to the facebook group but mainly for
the pictures. I am terrible about writing so I will try to do better.
Some of you may remember that I had to send my lab Maggie to the bridge
then end of December. Awful for me, but the right thing for her. Since
then it has just been Paisley and me. Paisley is doing ok, but has
picked up some new behaviors, not bad ones, just different for her. Now
she seems to think it is her job to sit on my feet when in the bathroom.
No amount of convincing will get her to move, so I am stuck with her on
my feet. Of course while sitting there she insists I pet and scratch
her. She was never really a lap dog, but for the last month she has been
following me more and wanting to be on my lap for cuddles. So I guess
this means she does miss Maggie to some extent. I wouldn't mind rescuing
another lab or basset, but they can be hard to find. Don't know that
Paisley would really care, she seems to be enjoying life as an only dog.
Yesterday the little darling came trotting past me carrying a loaf of
bread on her way to the dog door. Apparently she didn't think I would
notice, wrong. I wish I would have videoed it, she did seem to be very
proud of her prize. She may be short, but every once in awhile I don't
push the bread back on the counter quite far enough. The last time she
got a loaf she ate the whole thing. I called my vet and asked about
bloat, she said keep an eye on her and if she showed any discomfort
bring her in. She never had a problem, was just mad she didn't get dog
supper that day. When the vet got done laughing she did ask if I had
toasted and buttered it for the little diva. Now when I take her to the
vet the staff laughs and says "I see your bringing your little pig in."
Paisley definitely has lots of bassetude, wouldn't want it any other way.

Val Strand

bratbasset at gmail.com