[Dailydrool] When did I join?

Molly Thompson mthompson5922 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:23:03 PST 2022

I think I joined the drool around 2015 or maybe even earlier. I have
loved basset hounds since I was a child. I seemed to be drawn to the
long ears and short legs. I even found an old drawing I made of a dog as
a little girl and it was of a basset. I had a bagel growing up. Then I
cleaned the kennels of a colony of bassets at Michigan State University
that were part of research into von Willebrand's disease - a bleeding
disorder. I just loved visiting with them. (Ironically my husband had a
similar bleeding disorder and grew up with a poster of a basset on his
bedroom wall.)

My first basset, Max, was a wedding gift from my bridesmaids. As a puppy
he had decided not to use his back legs. We had a few vets check him and
they all agreed it was not a problem and he would eventually use his
back legs, which he did. He had such separation anxiety until we got him
a companion non-a-basset dog (and then another). After Max passed away
my husband was offered a job in MN. I told him I would move if I could
get another basset. We moved and I got Tucker - my little sweetheart who
slept curled up against my stomach under the sheets every night.

After Max came Lilly and Jem, who are both with us now and are a joy.
Through all of them, the drool has been a fount of info and fun. I love
the stories shared by everyone and even though I look at the FB pages, I
still love the drool the most and tell anyone with a basset to check it out.

Thanks for all the great years and stories.

Molly A. Thompson
Duluth, MN