[Dailydrool] When we joined

Christie Bradley hrcbradley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 06:24:44 PST 2022

This is a fun thread - thanks, whoever started it. It's almost like the old
list.

We joined in the 90s some time. My husband was a basset guy and we got two
new puppies from a backyard breeder (I know...), Jean Claude and Marie. We
were still learning a lot. Claude had panosteitis for awhile and both of
them were masters at getting into the garbage and everything else, so we
were looking to share ideas.
We had those two crazy, wonderful dogs in Roy & Carnation, WA, Black
Forest, CO, and here in Hood River, OR before we lost them both to cancer
within a year or so of each other. I think Marie was 12 and Claude 13.
Then it was Magnolia Roo (Maggie), an emaciated young pup rescued from Baja
who came to us from a terrier rescue, of all things. She was Seth's heart
dog, and died of a heart tumor way too young at 8ish on Halloween. It was
very sudden, and Seth was on a business trip and had to say goodbye over
the phone.
And now it is a mother/son bonded pair from Iowa, Beaudreaux and Lucie. We
found them at a rescue in Iowa and had one of those long distance dog
driver services bring them out to Oregon.
It has been a wild and fun ride with all those sweet, loving,
trouble-making, chrished fur-kids. We have so enjoyed the Daily Drool all
these years.

Seth & Christie Bradley