[Dailydrool] In Charge

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 03:57:41 PST 2022

Good AM this is Merta Lou  intrepid Girl Basset Hound

Imagine this: you are sitting happily in your favorite place, snoozing from
time to time but keeping an eye on the kitchen (Just in Case) and you
overheard a conversation between the female caretaker and her wonderful Mr
Biskit about getting another HOUND!
I mean, what is THIS?
Why on earth does She think she needs another Dog? Have I been a slacker in
my efforts to convince her this is not necessary? I know I have been
unable to get the Black dog to leave. I have tried to gently urge him to
rush out the door when it is open, to at least bite her when she puts him
on that table and pulls his hair out (it is Barbaric)
or when she reaches for  his dish while he is licking it clean but Nooooo
he won't do it. I have told him of the wonderful places he might go to live
but noooooo he says he is very happy here being her FAVORITE. Gaaaaaaah!!!
Makes me snarl. (She says no he is not her favorite but has been here
longer and like that.)(She says she loves us both the same but he is
undeniably HER dog.) (The Back dog does this thing to remind Mr Biskit who
is important here: he asks Mr Biskit to go out and then refuses to go until
She asks him the same thing, whereupon (is that a cool word or what) he
dances to the door all smiley and goes right outside.) It isn't that I do
not like the Black dog but more that he gets in the way of me and he
       has
legs you know....
I am not jealous. I do not even know what the word means.
Mr Biskit says no more dogs anyway. I am his baby. I cuddle with him he is
an excellent cuddler. Mr Black dog says I should not worry so ok I won't.
Maybe if I ask to go out more.....

Concerned Merta Lou