[Dailydrool] Droolers for 24 Years - lots of fun times

Odineks odenix at swcp.com
Wed Feb 9 20:22:44 PST 2022

We joined the Drool in 1998 when we got our first iMac and a dial-up modem. By then we had owned basset hounds for 18 years. The Drool created lots of opportunities to make friends with basset owners across the country and the world for that matter, share in their joys and sorrows, and eventually meet lots of droolers at waddles around the US. We waddled in Missouri, Arizona, New Mexico with our hounds and attended waddles in Ohio, Michigan, and California and three of us droolers on our California trip swung by Daphneyland, met Dawn of the West and loved on her hounds in 2004. I also have a Caruso throw (a virgin) buried deep in my linen closet. Our shelves are still covered in basset “crap”. Our Kia was a member of Kaylee’s Sitteruppers Club whose website is still out there in cyberspace. https://bassetsb4me-ivil.tripod.com/index.html

In 2019 me and DH found ourselves bassetless for the first time in 40 years. Deciding we were getting too old to lift 55 lb basset hounds into the Jeep and knowing we couldn’t be without at least 4 paws in our house we started looking at other options like beagle rescue and nearby shelters. Finally our Abby ATB sent us an 8 wk old coonhound puppy named Bisbee from Santa Fe Humane to heal our broken hearts. All I can say is Abby had a sense of humor and we miss the calmness of our basset girls but Bisbee has been the best long legged hound, keeping us active during the pandemic.

Thanks for the memories, Daily Droolers.

Judy & RT - bassetslaves to Daisy, Thumper, Abby, Kerstie, Kia, Pumpkin, Marigold, Abby Deux all waiting at the Bridge, Bisbee (what do you want to play now)