[Dailydrool] Naked basset bathing

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 22:40:13 PST 2022

I’ve discovered a new activity—naked basset bathing! My husband and I are getting older. (Mid seventies). My back is fully aware of aging. whereas once I could easily lift resistant fifty pound dead weight bassets up and over into a bathtub for baths and pin them down there until finished, now it is too much. Gradually we have been remodeling our home for further decrepitude. this year we pulled out a bathtub and installed a roll-in shower in case either of us ever requires a wheelchair in the future. and we installed a shower head on an eight foot hose so it can be hand held and used at all heights.
and, lo and behold, dog-washing has become easy. with a few caveats. the dogs can walk in and walk out. (No lifting). So to keep them from simply walking out in the middle of a bath, I leash the victim and walk into the shower with said victim. Holding the leash in the left hand, I can shampoo and rinse with the long hosed shower head in the right hand. but of course that requires being immersed in the shower as well. And since bending over is also a no go, sitting on the shower floor cross-legged with said victim in the lap is easiest. since total soaking occurs, naked works best. once all victims are bathed and toweled, there is only the task of standing up and showering off residue from the head bather as well. what a cinch. I’m sorry we didn’t discover this years ago.