[Dailydrool] Joker the therapy dog

Menzie Chase menziechase at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:31:27 PST 2022

My six-year-old basset Joker is also a therapy dog. We mostly
work/volunteer with hospice organizations in our area. Last week, we went
to visit a 90-year-old man in his home. He is blind and mostly deaf, but he
sure lit up when Joker came over and nudged him. He spent about 20 minutes
just petting Joker, stroking his ears and cooing over him. It was nice to
bring a little joy to this man’s day. Joker loves going for therapy visits.
I think he perceives it as going out to visit his worshipful public!
—Menzie with Joker and HarleyQuinn
--
Menzie Chase