[Dailydrool] Beds

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 19:47:25 PST 2022

There are two dog beds, a big one in which even a Basset can sprawl and a
smaller one in which even a Basset has to curl up.
When there was just the big bed, the dogs argued over it. Not loudly. Doc
is pretty much a gentleman and about the time Merta Lou threw herself into
crying and carrying on because he had the bed, he would get up and let her
have it.
When I started with two beds Merta got the big bed and Doc took to the
small one, curled up like a sled dog in it. If he got the big bed I made
him get on MY bed until ML had settled into the big bed.
So tonight Doc just got right into the small bed and Merta got into the big
bed.
And slowly, my consciousness awoke to the fact that someone was quietly
crying, little short dog sobs,  and it was Merta Lou.
Whatever is the matter?
He has the little bed! He always gets the Little bed. When is it MY turn in
the Little bed?
WHAT?
I gave up instantly. There is absolutely no way to win an argument with
Merta Lou who can cry forever. Doc is on my bed; Merta Lou is in the little
bed now, and Doc will end up in the big bed.
I give up.