[Dailydrool] The "old" Daily Drool

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 07:25:07 PST 2022

 I have always been a lurker more or less since I joined in 2006-ish, for one I was a newbie then and it felt like a pretty tight knit group, which was great but also made me hesitant to chime in. Since then life has changed a lot--got married, had a baby who is now 13(!), moved, changed jobs about 3 times, returned to school to make a career change, and currently I am basset-less and dog-less for coming up on two years now. I get my basset fix by visiting my parents' three, Dottie, Dudley, and Winston. I do follow the FB page for the photos which generally make me smile, and the mods do a great job keeping the drama away. But the Drool has always been a great resource and fun diversion for me (great time killer working meaningless jobs!) and I made some long distance "pen pals" I never would have otherwise made in Riche and Georgie and Miss Becky, who have sadly gone to the bridge, but I hope they know they touched my life. And Bev even called me one day when I was in crisis with Rooney having seizures, so ever grateful for that. So, being basset-less I don't know that I have much to offer the group anymore but I will try to also contribute more in responding more when applicable. I toyed with the idea of fostering but chickened out. Maybe this year. Or maybe I've waited too long. The last few years with Rooney and Fitz were very hard and saying goodbye was...well, you all know.  Long story short, I am grateful and appreciative for all of you who have kept and are keeping the Drool going and I'll try to do my part as well. Lots of great memories and always learning something!
Kara (Rooney & Fitzy ATB)