[Dailydrool] Lithotripsy

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Mon Jan 31 08:08:35 PST 2022

Our basset has a small stone in her one working kidney which our vet would
like broken down and flushed out.  Her right kidney was found to be
calcified.  Our vet believes the awful people who let her and her sisters
go, never treated her UTI's and ruined her right kidney. Fortunately, her
kidney values have been normal.  We rescued Nellie from Carolina Basset
Rescue.

She has not had a UTI now for almost a year due to her being on Royal Canin
Urinary SO and a number of items that are low protein.

Lithotripsy is done often on adults with kidney stones.

No vet anywhere in Florida does this procedure which uses a laser to break
up the stone and flushes the pieces out.  The closest vet who does this
procedure is Asheville, NC  where we will actually be going in three weeks.

Has anyone ever had this procedure for their basset?

Sally Russell