[Dailydrool] Kibble for tender tummies

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:54:54 PDT 2022

I had posted something about this on my FB page a few weeks ago, but we are
back to having an issue with food Horton can eat or is willing to eat.

The vet suggested that we try dog food for a sensitive stomach. So far
Horton's decided that the Hill's i/d canned food is tasty. But at three or
four dollars a can, it's pretty pricey to feed alone. He will get it, but
I'd also  like to offer him kibble.

Horton doesn't do well with chicken and has refused Wellness CORE and
Purina Pro Plan salmon & rice formula. (I am wondering if he's not a fish
fan.)

Horton's parathyroid issue makes his tummy upset. I am giving him over-the
counter medications prescribed by the vet. But lately all he wants to eat
is the Hill's canned food.

My boy seems to like lamb, but I'm not sure it would be best for his tummy.
Zignature has a lamb-based, limited ingredient food, but Chewy only has it
in very small packages. Has anyone used this successfully?

Any wisdom-of-the Drool advice.would be appreciated.
Pam McQuade