[Dailydrool] Warts

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Apr 28 13:41:42 PDT 2008

Yes, dogs get warts.  Grady just had several removed from his MOUTH .
inside!  Warts in dogs are viral, just like in people.  The vet warned me
that the other dogs may also get them, but they will go away.  Some of my
older dogs have developed warts on their hocks and under their chins as they
get older.  They don't get inflamed or bother them, so I Ieave them alone.
I took Grady in because I didn't know what it was in his mouth and the vet
said she wasn't sure either.  There was one that was HUGE and we sent that
to pathology.  Everyone was very surprised it came back as a wart!

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets