[Dailydrool] Twinkie's Almost Bloat or Why I Don't Like the Local Vet Clinic

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 14:02:14 PDT 2008

My basset niece Tia (Willow's sister) has had a few episodes where we (and the vet) thought she was bloating.  Tia is now on Pepcid AC twice a day because of her gas problems.  The vet thinks one day Tia will likely bloat.  If she does, every minute will count.

  As far as being ignored by the local vet's office - I have a big loud mouth.  I will not hesitate to use it when there's an emergency and that was before my sister worked there.  Yes, I have a reputation.  I once told the receptionist to hang up because I had an emergency - she was not pleased - but my dog was very sick.  She complained about me and the vet sided with me - the dog could not wait.

  Given that the receptionist and two vets had time to chat, I would have stuck my head out of the exam room and told one of them to get in here.  Like I said, I have a big mouth.

  If you don't feel confident in the local vets, then I would call the other vet and inform them that you are heading their way with an emergency.

Jan
  Lady, Grace & Lenny

  Lady's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539735
  Lenny's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539732