[Dailydrool] Non-Basset Rescue and pano

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 14:33:05 PDT 2008

 Diane, I'm sorry that you were given a hard time about Howie having Pano and meeting with his prospective brother.? Like anything else, not all rescues are informed about everything and certainly are not experts on Bassets, for sure.? Clearly they are not informed about common Basset issues, specifically as they pertain to their being mutants with specific challenges which lend themselves to certain problems, like Pano, just like other large breeds.? I have never heard that Pano is contagious - and unless it is accompanied with fever, it's usually treated with an antii-immflamatory medication.? If Howie was wanting to play with the pup, he must have been feeling pretty good.

If they definitely put you off adoption because of this, I would ask to speak with someone in charge as this misinformation or lack of knowledge could impact their finding good homes for other dogs in the future.

?Sandi, Mamaslave to Dozer, Dudley and the Belles - Daisy and Delilah