[Dailydrool] so-called "rescues"

erusselburg2 at aol.com erusselburg2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 03:53:13 PDT 2008

Haven't written for a long time but I've been here. . .just some carpal
tunnel issues making it hard to join in.  I had to plunk down a reply
tho' to the discussion about crazy people who are so called "rescue"
groups in their own little minds & worlds.  In reality they're very
dysfunctional people who may mean well, but border on that
animal-hoarding disorder (ahem. . .I may have been accused of that
myself. . .but I digress. . .)

I volunteer with GABR and prior to that worked with a (real) beagle
rescue group.  But I have a sister who claims to be involved in Collie
Rescue.  In reality what she does is stalk animal control & her local
dog pounds, take the collies home and then try to re-home them.  I
don't think she does any harm but it's really weird.  The weird part
is, she claims to do home visits, phone interviews, and vet checks. .
.just like me.  She gets asked to help with interstate transports. .
.just like me.  And she gets calls to helpwith other breed rescues. . .
just like I do.  See a pattern here?  She even lately has been claiming
that she has a few foster homes that she works with (they work FOR
her).  I can't tell you how weird this is!  I live in Indiana, she
lives in Maryland. . .so she can make up whatever stories she wants to.
  She has a lot of money, but she doesn't have the benefit of the big
rescue groups' tax structures, web sites and funding, not to mention
vet discounts and etc.  Creeps me out.

Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper:  I truly love your
adventures!  Thanks for my belly laugh of the day.

Well gotta rest this arm. . .drool to all in need.  Hug your hounds for
me!
Edy & the Ironwood Hounds of Indiana