[Dailydrool] Frustration with Rescue

Diane Fenton dfenton at ptd.net
Thu Apr 17 04:10:06 PDT 2008

Thank you everyone for you support and comments. Evidently this group
has taught me well.  My perseverance with telling them (educating them)
about pano must have sunk in.  Last night the foster called me and
apologized for the way we were treated.  She called her vet and asked
more questions about pano and after learning what I had told was the
truth she hounded the rescue (no pun intended, well maybe a little) to
tell them we would be perfect for Jack.  She said when she saw Howie and
Jack interact she had tears in her eyes because they got along so well.
She made an appointment for next week for a home visit.
On another note she herself is jaded with this rescue.  She had
volunteered and when she saw first saw Jack she said he looked so sad
(those bassets know how to do that), she's never experienced "basset
power".  The rescue was going to put him in with the big dogs, he is
still a puppy and she got upset, she told them she would foster him.
She told us it was her and her husbands mission to find him a home.  I
am so grateful she did, that he is such a sweetheart.
Jack has a totally different look then Howie, he reminds us (head shape)
of our first basset Droopy who is now watching from the bridge with a
smile saying "I got mommy and daddy addicted to bassets!".
Hopefully the home visit with go well and soon we will be adding to our
family.  Of course now my husband is worried that Howie will feel bad
because he will not be the only basset in the house.  I personally think
it will be good for him to have a partner in crime or perhaps we can
even say slime.

Thank you everyone, I don't know what I would do without this group,

Drools and slobbers to everyone that needs it and big basset belly rubs
to all you lovable bassets.  We love you all!

Diane (slave to Howie)
Howie