[Dailydrool] Another voice pleading for foster homes

Chris Dowd cdowd_postalpros at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 11:49:46 PDT 2008

Ohio BR is the latest rescue to say they cannot take more dogs due to a lack of foster homes.  Of all the sad posts I read, I think these are the saddest because it may mean that some dogs will die.

It is SO EASY to foster. YOu always have the rescue behind you to help out in whatever capacity they can.  You get a dog that is so grateful for the chance to be loved by someone.  You are saving a life.  You get so much in return that I can't begin to list all the different ways that fostering is so rewarding.  And, it's one of the few things in life where people congratulate you on failing.

Please, look inside your hearts and minds and see if you can help your local rescue.  Most of these dogs end up in shelters through no fault of there own and many of the shelters out there are little more than cages to hold them until they are claimed or killed.

Chris