[Dailydrool] Another update on Iris

Robin Snell rssnell1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:36:01 PDT 2008

Wow!  Terrific to hear!  I'm thrilled for everyone!

Robin

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:20:24 -0400From: EKielley at messiah.eduTo: dailydrool at dailydrool.orgCC: jamie at akkennel.com; rssnell1 at hotmail.comSubject: Another update on Iris
4/20Dear Liz-I just had to let you know this dog is truly an Angel in disguise!She seems to worm her way wherever we go.  And a joy to take--altho weare working on who's leading who.  Anyway today we went to ourgrandson's first baseball game.  He's 11 yrs old and has Fragile XSyndrome and this was his first ever game--As you would imagine, bothteams were made up of children with"Special needs"  We arrive withMiss Iris and she's an immediate hit, being so laid back and cool withall these children around her.  One Little boy around 11 or so, uponseeing her quickly ran into the safety of the cage that surrounded thedugout.  His mom told us he has been afraid of all dogs all his lifeand wouldn't come near us.  However, he kept checking her out and shewould just watch him and wag the body which made him laugh at her.This went on for a numb er of innings [3 hrs to be exact]  and aseveryone was leaving the field at the end of the game, this child'smother tapped me on the shoulder and with tears in her eyes, pointedto IRIS.  Here was this little boy sitting on the ground next to IRISand petting her and she was lavishing in the attention and smiled asif to say I Knew I could winhim over!  She slurrped him and he asked if she could come to anothergame.  My grandson answered " of course she'll be here, she loves us!!The mom said that was the very first time he had ever gotten near adog.!  See, she's magical!  Thank you again for "keeping" her forme![I'd appreciate it if you would pass this on to Jaime as I don''thave her e-mail]Love, Iris and Mary