[Dailydrool] BW Pawction WYLAND

Eric Stevenson ericstevenson at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 05:10:33 PDT 2008

WARNING... SHAMELESS PLUG.....

Calling all Wyland collectors and admirers.  A couple of years ago there was a Las Vegas trip for auction at the Boardwaddle.  We had to have it and timed our trip for a Wyland art show out there.  As a result of that trip we have a hand signed Wyland lithograph up for pawction this year.  For anyone not familiar with Wyland he is the most prominent marine artist alive today.  He is probably best known for his Whaling Wall murals that dot much of this country, his 100th and final one will be on the Great Wall of China this summer as part of the Olympics.  While his originals routinely sell for over 100K putting them out of reach of everyone I know he has been prolific at producing editions of his works and fills his galleries with them.  The lithograph up for pawction at the Boardwaddle was not and is not available for sale anywhere.  The only way to get this piece was to collect (buy) something in his gallery.  The only way to get one hand signed was to get the artist at one of his shows to sign it.  If you are not going to be at the Pawction dinner Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue does a great job of taking proxy bids, all you have to do is go to their website and let Kathy Riker spend your money for you.  There are a couple of other prints there that you should NOT bid on as that will only increase my cost of owning them.  Here is the link for the Pawction just hit the enter button when you get there.
http://www.tristatebassets.org/boardwaddle/pawctioninfo2008.html
For more on Wyland.
http://www.wylandgalleries.com/
Bid High, then Bid Higher, The hungry and homeless hounds of the Tri-State area need your help.

The Stevenson Pack
Eric, Nancy, Karl, Adria,
Bubba, Baguette, Bob, Beau, Blue, Bella and Fosters Badger, Grizzle and Vickie