[Dailydrool] This and That

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Tue Apr 22 08:53:03 PDT 2008

I finally mustered up the courage to view Max's tribute on youtube, and
of course, I'm in tears...but good ones, because that sweet smooshy boy
had such a great life!  How blessed you are to have had him in your
life, and I truly hope that your wonderful memories will drown out the
sadness that surely fills your heart.  Diva and Sophie send sad
aroooooohs your way.

Also, the girls are wishing a very very happy birthday to Ms. Beasley!
Get your extra extra special birthday belly rubs today and let em' spoil
ya rotten!

Now to my most graceful episode last night...Ok, so I don't know if my
whole family has our moving to a new house on the brain, or there is
something in the air or what, but last night just as I got home, we had
a bit of basset-koo-koo-mayhem fill the house!  I had just gotten home
from work, changed into my tennis shoes, and turned to the two I call my
shadows and said "Are we ready for our walk, girls?" Of course they go
berserk-o, running around looking for their collars and beating the
sides of my legs with their seemingly 400 lb. tails.  SOOO...I finally
stumble over them and get to the sink to fill their water bowl, and
since my back is turned, Sophie takes the opportunity to snatch an open
bag of chips from the bottom shelf of the pantry.  Meanwhile,
unbeknownst to me, my daughter is attaching Diva's leash to her collar
(the other end is around my wrist in the sink filling up the bowl...see
where this is going?) My son yells, "Sophie No!!", she jerks her head
around, chips fly all over the kitchen floor, I turn to the right to see
what's going on, holding the completely full humongous stainless steel
bowl of water, not realizing that the tie to my sweater is wrapped
around the cabinet door, along with the leash that is around my forearm
and unbeknownst to me, also clipped to Diva's collar (thank you daughter
of mine for "helping"), my sweater pulls my body and the leash pulls my
arm, the water goes FLYING across the kitchen, all over Sophie, my son
and all the chips that she has just flung across the entire room, Diva,
who is hooked to me (again, unbeknownst to me) comes jerking towards me,
I fall on the floor, hung up on the cabinet door by my sweater and the
big ol bowl of what's left of the water lands first on my head then
comes to a final rest on my lap.

Sophie had long since yelped and hauled a$$ out of the room when the
water came flying in her direction and the dripping wet and slightly
confused Diva just sat there and looked at me with this face that said
"seriously"?  At that point I gave up and just sat there and laughed.
What else can you do?

Jessica L. Sutton

With Diva (my goodness, look what she's done now) and Sophie (what gives
momma??)