[Dailydrool] Baggy bassets

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Apr 23 02:49:42 PDT 2008

Rolph-the-naughty is fond of sticking his head into bags to check for goodies - handbags, food bags, clothes bags, school bags, visitors' bags - you name it, his snout has been down it.
At the weekend, I left a plastic carrier bag with new clothes on the stairs waiting to go up next time I went. Of course, Rolph quickly found it and started to investigate. I shouted "Rolph! No!" and he backed off - with the handle of the bag firmly wedged on his snout. Why do you never have a camera when you need it?

Then yesterday Rolph and Clara were round at the XH's. The XH, despite having been a full basset slave for six months and a step slave for 14 months, hasn't learned about keeping food out of their reach. He left a large dog food  sack on the kitchen counter - luckily it was almost empty. After several failed attempts, Tessie finally managed to grab the sack and joyously wriggled inside to claim her prize. Rolph, seeing he had been beaten, grabbed hold of the outside of the sack and tried to run off with it. Tessie wasn't giving up without a fight and clung on inside, digging in with her back feet. There then ensued a round-the-house tussle between Rolph and a food bag that fought back. The XH, just stood there laughing - and wishing he had a camera!

Never a dull moment!

Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Solomon and Tessie, and possibly saying goodbye to NSF Henry.

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP