[Dailydrool] There's No Place Like Home -- Ohio Basset - Mike

Amy Barnes forbassethounds at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 06:49:18 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I write this email as a desperate plea to SAVE MIKE. Mike, an 7 yr old red & white basset has been in and out of Ohio Basset's care since Aug 2007. His story has been nothing more than disappoints and set backs, but amazingly he has managed to keep his spirits up until now. Mike is living where no senior hound should spend their final years, in a boarding kennel. He has been in and out of foster homes 3 times because of food & bone aggression and was adopted and returned (along with another female basset) due to financial hardships. Mike can not go to a home with another dog, although he gets along with them, his aggression at feeding time continues to cause problems. Cats and kids would also not be good.

As I'm sure you've seen our desperate pleas, Ohio Basset's foster homes are full. Most of our fosters have any where from 3 to as many as 12 dogs. These environments would not be good for him, which is why he's still living at a kennel. Besides the food/bone aggression, Mike has no other issues. He is house broken, a couch potato, and absolutely loves attention. He will role over on his back and will lay for a belly scratching for as long as you'll let him. Mike is up-to-date on his vaccinations, microchipped, neutered and on a heartworm/flea preventative.  He does have cataracts in both eye, but the vet believed they have been there since birth and do not cause issues with his vision. He is a loving dog and would do great in a home without other pets.

When Mike returned to the kennel for the 5th time, his eyes met mine and he knew what I was thinking, this could be the end of the road. He's been back now for a month and only picks at his food, barely takes treats and doesn't enjoy the play times or other activities he used to look forward to. Mike has slowly given up hope that he will ever find that forever home. Please if you know of anyone who is looking for a low key senior basset, who has a big heart, has no kids/cats or other dogs, Mike is the one. You can view him on our web site at:
http://www.ohiobassetrescue.org/Adopt.html
His adoption fee has been sponsored.

Mike will be FOREVER grateful to any help you can give him.
Thank you,

Amy Barnes
Ohio Basset Rescue
http://www.ohiobassetrescue.com