[Dailydrool] Follow Up on Century 21 Listing

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Apr 28 13:24:21 PDT 2008

I just received a phone call from the Corporate Office of Century 21.
According to the lady who called me, the listing has been officially pulled
and will likely be relisted with the home and the business as separate
listings, without the dogs included in the sale.  The representative said
that the business is a USDA registered commercial kennel owned by an older
woman whose husband recently died.  After the complaints, the owner
allegedly is willing to place the dogs in pet homes (at no cost), relinquish
the dogs to rescue and Century 21 has referred her to the Human Society.
BTW, Corporate Office received over 200 phone messages and those that left
numbers were called today.  Mr. Lilly received thousands of emails.  It
seems the voices were heard and awareness was raised in a small corner of
the world . at least for a while.  I thought it was interesting that the
lady who called me said she was impressed by the concern she could hear in
the voices of those who left messages.  She also talked about the Oprah
program on puppymills and seemed surprised that the agent didn't "think it
through" (her words).

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets