[Dailydrool] Upcoming waddle for ABC Basset Hound Rescue!

Michelle Brenholtz drummergirl_chel at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:32:51 PDT 2008

Hey everyone~

I just wanted to put a reminder up here on the list that ABC Basset Hound Rescue is only a month away from the big "There's No Place Like Home" waddle in Chittenango, NY (About 20 minutes from Syracsue). The waddle this year is going to be during the big Oz-Stravaganza festival in Chittenango, NY. It is their 30th anniversary and ABC is joining in the celebration hoping to reach many people with awareness on Basset Hound rescue. Thousands of people attend the Oz-Stravaganza every year. A lot of the Munchkins from the original production make appearances even though they are well into their 80's and up now.

This years event starts on Friday May 30th with a meet and greet pizza party and a memorial for all the hounds who have passed to the rainbow bridge. We are honoring the past 8 years since this will be the first time we have done a memorial. On Saturday we will be kicking things off at 9am at Sullivan Park in Chittenango where there will be a DJ, games, contests, food, info and so on. At about 1:30pm we will be moving to the parade site and we march at 3pm through downtown Chittenango. After the parade, we will meet back at the park to anounce all contest and raffle winners and to finish things up.

For more information, go to www.nybasset.org. We have two hotels reserved. One in Canastota NY for those coming from the east and one in Syracuse NY. The info for the hotels is up on the website as well. We hope for a big turn out. Hope many of you droolers in the area are able to attend.

If you would like to help us support ABC, you can donate at our firstgiving page which is www.firstgiving.com/michellebrenholtz. There you can read about Cassie and how she came to us. You can also check out ABC's main firstgiving page at www.firstgiving.com/abcbhr.

Thanks for reading! Hope to see many of you there!

Michelle, Sharon and Cassie the Bassie