[Dailydrool] KK

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 04:54:49 PDT 2008

Add to Sylvie's post about KK--- most dogs do not run much of a temp. If he
isn't coughing a lot and is lethargic I would take him back to the Vet and
ask for a chest x-ray.
Zelda (ATB) came home TWICE with pnuemonia after being boarded and the first
time they said it was KK-- not a lame diagnosis for a dog in a kennel
situation, in fact perfectly logical, but that is not what it was.Maybe once
upon a time it was, but not by the time she came home. (She was in season,
she was there for 3 weeks, and I was too because I worked there and so I
knew that she wasn't that sick when she was there. My Mother (ATB) used to
claim that during her period a woman's immune system was considerably less
effective. It seemed to be true and I don't know why the same wouldn't hold
for our dogs, when their systems are stressed for 3 whole weeks.)(Which does
not apply to Humphrey, obviously: it is early, I am babbling).
The KK vaccine only protects against a handful of varieties of which there
are hundreds, so your dog can still get KK even with the Bordatella
shot.(The variation that cracks me up are the people who want "that Bordello
shot". Ummmm ok.....for you or the dog?)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Cooper