[Dailydrool] smellies

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 04:39:25 PDT 2008

Yes, check the flews. Have your Vet take a look and I bet what you find is
that the lips are red and raw and stink like a sewer. Mitchell gets this. It
is a form of pyoderma, and requires that you gently clean his mouth-- all
the little nooks and crannies around his mouth and under his chin and neck
-- a weak betadine solution and warm water are good for this or you can use
pyoben gel (from the Vet). You can also clean the area with any of the acne
meds like Oxy-10 which come in little wipes. BUT you do also need an
antibiotic because this is basically an infection. It is caused by the lips
and area always being wet. (I am assuming his teeth are ok.)

We thought Mitchell's teeth were bad and actually had him anesthetized for a
dental when the surgeon noticed his horribly inflamed flews and lips. That's
what it was.

MomPerson sending good luck
Nigel,Llewis, Mitchell, & Cooper